The place :
Crete is the largest Greek island. It has 1.100 km of coastline. Tourist development has been favoured by its geographical location, climate and diverse natural beauty, as well as, its unique cultural and historical heritage. Crete is renowned for its breath-taking mountain ranges and long sandy beaches running down to deep-blue seas.
Also, Crete gives the opportunity to encounter geographical diversity, from numerous, small surrounding islands to splendid plateaus like Lassithi, with its eye-catching windmills. Hotels and residences :
Hotel "Royal Mare Village"
The hotel has 353 rooms (97 of which have direct access to the spa centre and 10 of which are tailored for the disabled) and 37 deluxe suites, all housed in building complexes.
Rooms come in Garden or Sea views, as well as VIP rooms with sharing pool.
In-room amenities: - Air-conditioning 24 hours/ day (mid-May to mid-September, minimum), king-size bed/ twin beds, sofa-bed, marble bathroom with bathtub and separate shower, hair dryer, magnifying mirror, colour satellite television with music channels, direct dial telephone, internet access – DSL (upon request), refrigerator (mini-bar upon request), coffee and tea making facilities (in VIP sharing pool rooms), electronic safe, furnished balcony or veranda.
Room guests are offered upon arrival: wine, fruit basket, mineral water, an Aldemar bath kit (soap, shampoo, shower gel, nail file, shower cap and sewing kit, cotton swabs), slippers, beach towels, welcome cocktail.
Besides, there are different suite types offering the same amenities as in rooms plus mini-bar, CD player, tea and coffee making facilities, computer with DSL access.
- Junior Suite Pool/ Garden view - Iphigenia & Athena (1 sitting-room/ bedroom and 1 bathroom-49 sq.m., 2-4 pax)
- VIP Suite Sharing Pool - Harmonia (1 sitting-room, 1 bedroom and 2 bathrooms, one of which has a Jacuzzi-59 sq.m., 2-4 pax)
- VIP Suite Sharing Pool - Electra & Dimitra (1 sitting-room, 1 bedroom and 2 bathrooms, one of which has a Jacuzzi-59 sq.m., 2-4 pax)
- VIP Suite Sea Front - Aphrodite & Ariane, upper floor (1 sitting-room, 1 bedroom and 2 bathrooms, one of which has a Jacuzzi-59 sq.m., 2-4 pax)
- Junior Suite Sea Front Sharing Pool - Ariane (1 sitting-room/ bedroom and 1 bathroom-49 sq.m., 2-4 pax)
- Executive Suite Sharing Pool - Erato (1 bedroom, 1 sitting-room, 1 dining- room and 2 bathrooms, one of which has a Jacuzzi-98 sq.m., 2-4 pax)
- VIP Suite Sea Front Sharing Pool - Aphrodite & Ariane, ground floor (1 bedroom, 1 sitting- room, 1dining-room and 2 bathrooms, one of which has a Jacuzzi-98 sq.m., 2-4 pax)
- Presidential Suite Sea Front – Aphrodite, private pool (1 bedroom/ sitting room, 1 bedroom/ sitting-room/ study, 1 sitting-room/ dining-room, 2 bathrooms with Jacuzzis and 1 WC-147 sq.m., 2-6 pax). Restaurants :
While staying at the Royal Mare Village, take the opportunity to discover the famed Cretan diet, synonym for health and longevity. The chef will invite you to discover the secrets of this healthy, delicious and light cuisine. The menu consists of cereals, fruit, fresh local products, aromatic herbs and spices (garlic, basil, mint, thyme, sage, etc.), meat twice a week and fish, and uses olive oil as the main source of fat. You will need nothing more to lower your «bad» cholesterol rate and to effectively protect yourself against cardio-vascular diseases. A delicious and easy diet, that easily fits into your lifestyle all year round. Sports and Activities :
At your disposal at the Royal Mare Village: 14 fresh-water swimming pools on the hotel grounds: 2 large outdoor pools and 1 open-air Jacuzzi, 1 indoor heated pool, 1 outdoor children's pool, 9 outdoor pools for the VIP rooms and suites, 1 outdoor, private pool for the Presidential suite.
Free of charge activities: Sandy Beach, 4 tennis courts (Quartzsand), 2 table tennis, Mini-golf course, Archery facilities, Beach Volley facilities, Fitness centre, Work-out programmes with fitness instructors (aerobics, aquafit, gym work-outs, body firming), Evening programmes and shows 1 or 2 times a week by the animation team, Games room, Large-screen TV & video room, Bridge room.
At extra charge: Night tennis (floodlit courts), Tennis lessons, Squash (2 courts), Billiards, Sauna, Turkish bath, Jacuzzi, Water sports centre: diving, canoeing, windsurfing, water skiing, pedal boats, para-sailing, sailing (catamaran), banana-rides, ringos. Apart from your spa treatments, go out of the hotel for an exciting discovery of Crete. The climate as well as geographical configuration of the island favoured the existence of a large number of wild-life species. In the valleys and semi-mountainous areas, more than 100 different sorts of flowers and plants can be found: in the high mountains and the island's 13 deep gorges (Samaria gorge being the most famous) the visitor may encounter interesting flora and fauna including the unique in the world species of the wild goat kri-kri.
You should not miss Knossos which is probably one of the most impressive archaeological sites that anyone can visit in today's Greece. Access :
23 km from Heraklion : international airportBy plane
About 3h30 flight to Athens from most European cities then 1h flight to Heraklion in Crete