The place :
With their long beach of fine sand, lake, creeks and pine forests along a coast which protects the wild side of the Atlantic coast, Les Sables d’Olonne have long been a famous sea resort. Besides, some vestiges of the former houses of the Belle Epoque period remain today. The city is also the point of departure of the sailboat racing Vendee-globe, a proof of its dynamism and the importance of its coast.
With more than 2 600 hours of sunny days a year, this city of Vendee department, situated in the region Pays de la Loire, benefits from a pleasant mild climate. This sweetness, associated to the toning sea sprays of the ocean makes it an ideal place for a relaxing spa treatment. Hotels and residences :
A bar `` Le Péruse », situated in the hotel proposes you various traditional and dietary drinks (cocktails, dietary fruit juices, seaweed infusions) from 06:30 am to midnight. You will enjoy regular musical animations. You can relax in a quiet and nice atmosphere there.
The hotel faces the Atlantic Ocean and is directly attached to the well-being institute. It has 100 sunny and air-conditioned rooms, all equipped with loggias, with a sea or garden sight.
Equipment of the rooms:
Air-conditioning, safe, radio , satellite television, telephone, mini-bar, bathtub and hairdryer in the bathroom, armchairs on the loggia
Services of the hotel:
Reception 24 hours, warm dishes which can be served in rooms from 12:15 am till 2 pm and from 7:15 pm till 10:30 pm, closed private car park, accesses for disabled people to the common parts of the hotel, shop, beauty parlour and beauticians, WIFI ( wireless Internet) with an extra in rooms, jacuzzi baths, fitness and health room: hammam, indoor swimming pool of warmed sea water, sauna, room of body-building, solarium.
Children under 16 years are accommodated free of charge in their parents’ room (2 children maximum)
Baby-sitting facilities on request.
Free loan of equipment for baby: cot, bottle warmer, mattress to swaddle baby
3 conference and seminar rooms of 645 sq feet each of them with a capacity of 180 people. Restaurants :
Restaurant "Le Grand Large"
Situated in front of the sea and of the Baie des Sables, the restaurant of the hotel can serve up to 120 people. It proposes a traditional cooking using regional products and seafood. The Chef also prepares dietary menus (on full board only), children menus and buffets of seafood. The cooking is extrememly varied there and proposed in half board or full board.
The restaurant is open from 12:15 am till 2 pm and from 7:15 pm till 10 pm.
It has a nonsmoking area. Sports and Activities :
You benefit free of charge from the access to all the equipments of the Health Area « Espace Forme »: hammam, sauna, jaccuzi, overflowing swimming pool of sea water, body-building, tennis.
You can also practise numerous activities, proposed by the Thalassa Institute :
- Golf, tennis 150m away from the centre, body-building, aquaerobics, stretch lessons, lessons of stomach exercises – muscular warming up on the beach are free activities
- Massage for babies and swimming lessons for babies for every child, swimming lessons are paying activities
They are all supervised by professionals and people in charge of leisure activities who propose you this tonic cocktail of activities.
You can also rent cycles in the Health Area “Espace Forme”.
The access to the golf is free for any stay of 6 days with accommodation: you benefit from 3 free greenfees! It is the Golf of Olonnes situated 3 km away from the institute in Olonne sur Mer. It is a course of 18 holes on more than 19 685 feet. This golf course benefits from an exceptional setting with a panoramic sight, and was drawn in the natural landscape of the Vendean bocage. It stretches over a naturally hilly site with beautiful ponds. Its ourse is attractive, reasonable, and convenient for players of any level. The Clubhouse will propose you the rent of carriages and equipment, trainings and lessons and possibilities of fast food. It belongs to the Golfy network created in 1990, the first European network with 80 partner clubs.
Activities around Sables d’Olonne:
- Water sports on the sea in front of the well-being center (windsurfing, surfing, canoe, catamaran, drifter, bodyboard and surfing, water-skiing, diving, sand yacht, sea kayak, fishing
- Boat trips towards the salinas, excursions to the Island of Yeu or the Island of Noirmoutier
- Hikes with numerous trips in the pine forest or along the beaches, bikng, bathing, horse riding and horse races at the racecourse, archery, squash, go-carting, quad bike, bowling, 2 casinos 500 feet, cinema 1,86 mi, night club-pub
You can visit:
The Museum of Shells, the Abbey Ste Croix and its Museum of Contemporary Art (5 min away), the Church Notre Dame de Bon Port, the Tower of Arundel, the Castle St Clair, the Castle of Pierre Levée, the priory chruch St Nicolas.
You can go attend the Vendee-globe departure in November, a single-handed race around the wolrd
And a little farther around …
- The Marais Poitevin: a genuine `` wild green Venice `` to be discovered onboard a boat
- Menhirs and megaliths in Vairé
- The Museum of the Automobile in Talmont (6,2 mi)
- The Island of Noirmoutier 37 mi
- The park Puy du Fou 49,7 mi, a park of historic and ecological interest of 74 acres renowned for its entertainments. Access :
Train from Paris to Nantes with a connection for Sables d’Olonne 3h20
Free shuttle on Saturday and SundayBy plane
Flight 1h from Paris to Nantes airport
Nantes is 100km away from the spa of Sables d’Olonne