The place :
La Grande-Motte, located in the Languedoc Roussillon region and the department of Hérault, is a famous vacation resort for Mediterranean spa holidays. Built in the 60's on a virgin land in the Golfe du Lion, La Grande Motte is an unparalleled wonderful spot gifted with an original architecture, cool temperatures throughout the year and a wide variety of landscapes: scrublands, lagoons, beaches, and vineyards.
The resort “La Grande Motte” is situated along a high quality sea shore, where a myriad of amazing experiences await you given its location immersed in greenery and the quality of its treatments. The enchanting town of La Grande Motte, sometimes called Le Grand Delta, won the 1998 « European Blue Flag » attesting the cleanliness of the beaches and the respect for the environment. Hotels and residences :
Hotel "Les Corallines"
The hotel “Les Corallines” is located at the centre of the health spa resort and runs 42 rooms of about 18 sq.m., including 3 highly comfortable suites (about 35 sq.m.) plus a private terrace with a sea view.
Room equipment: satellite TV, direct phone, bathroom, terrace, air-conditioning, mini-bar, hair dryer, deposit box.
The hotel\'s services:
- rooms available at 2 p.m. on the day of arrival, and release at 12 a.m.
- 400 m out-door heated fresh water swimming-pool
- panoramic lounge
- 2 meeting and seminar rooms which can accommodate 50 persons, depending on availability
- herbal tea area
- beauty salon
- underground car park: 7 € or free unguarded main parking
- no baby-sitting services but the wellness institute can give you the contact details of out-door baby-sitters
- small pets are permitted upon request: 11 € per day (fee exclusive of meals)
- additional bed for children is available upon request for 20 €
- breakfast and junior meals for children under 5 years are offered to the clients of the hotel.
- 1,10 € hotel-stay tax per person and per day, 0 to 13 year-old children are exempted of tax. Restaurants :
Restaurant "Les Corallines"
This restaurant integrated to the hotel accommodates you within an intimate and calm atmosphere, and offers a dietetic and traditional Mediterranean cuisine with fish specialties.
Vegetarian and children's menus are available upon request.
Meals for toddlers to 12 years children for 10 €, and meals for children above 12 for 30 €.
During the Summer, take advantage of the “Pareo Buffet”: a terrace with a nice view to the Mediterranean sea, to taste grilled meat and fish in a cordial setting.
As for breakfast, it is served in the form of a buffet on a panoramic terrace open onto the sea: « Le Grand Soleil ». Sports and Activities :
La Grande Motte with its greenery and pine forest, long and wide beaches, offers you a wide range of activities:
- ludic water park for relaxation: « Le Grand Bleu »
- golf: with 85 ha of greens and fairways dotted with water hazards, Le Golf de La Grande Motte is the only golf with a Floridan design in the Mediterranean. It was created by the American golf designer Trent Jones who designed the world's most beautiful golf courses in Morocco and Spain. The golf has 42 holes, a putting green of 2000 sq. m., a Pitch and Putt, a golf school, and training bunkers.
- tennis: in the middle of a pine forest with 27 synthetic courts, 3 covered courts, 2 clay courts, 1 mini-tennis for the younger and 2 training walls
- sailing (dinghy, catamaran, sailboarding, boat cruise in the Baie d'Aigues Mortes)
- canoë-kayak on the Petit Rhône in Camargue, rowing down the gorges of Hérault, sea scootering, diving, water skiing, parasailing, coastal and offshore cruising, panoramic aquarium,
- big-game fishing
hiking by feet, horse or 4x4
yoga and dance
- casino, cinema, nightclubs
In the surroundings:
Discover La Petite Camargue: unparalleled landscapes and a fauna often endemic in Europe. This wonderful intact land is home to 150 species of birds and terrestrial or marine mammals, bulls, pink flamingo birds and Camargue white horses.
Visit Nîmes: its arenas La Maison Carrée, Le Temple de Diane and La Tour Magne at 46 km. Aigues Mortes: La Tour de Constance, Notre Dame des Sablons at 9 km, Le Pont du Gard (a roman aqueduct), the fishing port of Grau du Roi at 3 km, the historic
village of St Guilhem le Désert, the circus of Navacelles, Montpellier's historic centre at 20 km. Access :
Train to Montpellier from Paris 3h15
Montpellier is 25 km away from la Grande MotteBy plane
Flight from Paris to Montpellier 1h15