The place :
Situated in the Northwest of La Rochelle, in Charente-Maritime and linked with the continent by a 3 km bridge, the island of Ré is a protected natural area of 85 sq km in the Atlantic Ocean. The island enjoys an exceptional number of days of sunshine per year and its microclimate, influenced by the Gulf Stream, makes of Re an ideal setting for your holidays.
As a haven of peace and timelessness on the ocean, the island will enchant you with its varied landscapes: sandy beaches, oysterbeds and salinas, vineyards and wood of pines, not far from Noirmoutier, Oléron and Yeu islands.
The small village of Ars-en-Ré, situated on the Headland of Grignon, with its bell tower painted in black and white for sailors and its white house walls brightened up by hollyhocks, will be the setting of your relaxing holiday. Hotels and residences :
Thalacap Re Island
Built recently but preserving a picturesque charm, the Thalacap hotel and residence, directly attached to the well-being centre proposes 66 air-conditioned rooms distributed on 2 levels (first floor or stage) with a sight on the swimming pool or the garden. The hotel is situated 150m away from the beach and 800m from the town centre. Rooms are either double, single or triple with possibility of interconnecting rooms on demand and according to the hotel’s availabilities.
Rooms equipment: a surface of 24sqm, rooms are well equipped with satellite TV, telephone, mini-bar, some with terrace, bathroom with bathtub and hairdryer, fitted carpet on the ground.
- Reception from 7 am till 10 pm and night watchman
- Safe at your disposal at reception
- Cot and bottle warmer available
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Closed car park
- Thalacap shop
- Beauty parlour
- Laundry facilities
- 2 conference rooms situated in the wellness centre
- Continental buffet for breakfast or room service
Tourist tax: 0.84 € a person and per night, to be paid on the spot. Restaurants :
Restaurant "A la Pointe de Grignon"
This restaurant proposes a well-balanced or dietary traditional cooking using local products seafood. The restaurant is open from 7 am till 9 am for breakfast, then from 12 am till 2 pm for lunch and from 7 pm till 9 pm for dinner. Possibilities of vegetarian menu on demand. You will always benefit from the attentive advices of the dieticians combined with the talent of the chef to elaborate the menus most adapted to your tastes and needs. Do not miss the delicious seafood platter, served on Thursday evenings. Meals can be served outside according to the season.
A bar is also available in the hotel. Sports and Activities :
Inside the Thalacap institute : take advantage of the activities of the sea health area “Espace de Forme Marin”.
The island of Ré is an ideal setting to practise multiple activities. A multitude of opportunities will be proposed to you departing from Ars-en-Ré.
- bike rides: you can rent a bike in the village of Ars-en-Ré and take advantage of the 60 km of bicycle paths of the island, with almost no hills allowing rides for all the family
- Horse riding
Other activities are proposed in the other villages of the island:
- Golf (9 holes in Portes en Ré)
- Water-skiing (in Rivedoux, 25 km away)
- Jetski (in Rivedoux)
- Nautical excursions (also in Rivedoux)
- Cinema (in La Couarde, 10 km)
- Discotheque (in St Martin, 15 km)
- Casinos, theatres (in La Rochelle, 35 km)
- Visit of the bird sanctuary of 370 a, managed by the League for the Protection of Birds, in Portes en Ré
- Visit of museums and historic sites (fortifications of Vauban in St Martin de Ré, lighthouse Phare des Baleines in St Clément, Abbaye des Châteliers in La Flotte, the lighthouse of Chauveau in Sainte Marie
- The feast of the oyster in Rivedoux, in August, the fort of Grouin and the Moulin à Marée (Tide Mill) in Loix, the Hangar à Sel (SaltLoft) and the Chapelle of La Redoute in Portes en Ré)
- The feast of Lilac in La Couarde in spring
- For children: park `` l’Arche de Noe” or Noah's Ark in St Clément des Baleines, a floral and cultural park with a presentation of exotic animals, shell museum, etc. Access :
5h from Paris by car
La Rochelle 40 minutesBy train
La Rochelle station 3h from Paris
Transfers from/to station : 46 € during the day and 61 € by night or on SundayBy plane
La Rochelle Airport
50 minutes from Paris
Transfers from/to airport : 43 € during the day and 58 € by night or on Sunday