The place :
In the Finistère, between Quimper and Pointe-du-Raz, the Westernmost extremity of Brittany awaits you for a seawater therapy within a magic, picturesque, authentic and legendary environment.
Nestled at the bottom of the bay named after its name, Douarnenez, a famous maritime capital and seaside health resort, is a town full of memories with its colored ancient walls and alleys.
The wellness institute is perfectly situated in maritime Cornouaille where the sea comes to seek refuge, bringing along its most precious treasures. In the bay of Douarnenez, fishing is a tradition practiced at an exceptional site by many generations since the Gallo-Roman times. Hotels and residences :
Located at a stone\'s throw from the beach of Sables Blancs (white sands) and directly linked to the wellness centre, the Thalasstonic Hotel provides all the necessary comforts to offer you a successful spa stay at one of its 50 rooms.
The Tradition rooms are clear rooms measuring 16 sq.m., entirely renovated with hair dryers, direct phone and TV with Canal +.
For more comfort and space, it proposes also its Salon rooms (25 to 30 sq.m.): the room and the living-room are separated, allowing you to enjoy more space and proper ventilation during your journey.
Résidence Lochmer is 400 m from the thalasso centre. You enter this apart-hotel by a charming coastal path. At Résidence Lochmer, located on the edge of the small beach “Saint-Jean”, within a verdant greenery and facing the sea horizon, you will surely live a quiet holiday.
The apart-hotel runs 15 studios and 3 apartments, all equipped with kitchenette fitted with all required materials, a color TV and a phone. Sheets, bathroom linens and cloths are provided for your comfort. At Résidence Lochmer, stay packages are inclusive of stay tax and charge for heating, start on sundays and end on the following saturdays. At your disposal: a small room for laundry and ironing, and a private parking. Restaurants :
You will continue to enjoy the benefits of sea during your meal: fish, shellfish will be part of your menus.
Within a serene atmosphere, the chef will make you discover the flavors of a traditional or dietetic cuisine combining products from the local marketplaces.
Every friday evening, a Seafood Buffet included in the week packages is served. Sports and Activities :
Douarnenez, which literally means « land of the island », has 3 harbours whose view takes you into the rich past of this historic town.
The bay of Douarnenez is also a favoured site for all lovers of water sports, windsurf, diving but also marine caves sightseeing by tourist speedboats, or hiking by foot or mountain bikes on various prepared paths along the seaside.
The ideal location of Douarnenez, at the centre of Finistère, allows you to rapidly access the most beautiful sites of Cornouaille:
- Crozon Peninsula: having different types of landscape, ideal spot to observe the bay of Douarnenez and the roadstead of Brest.
- Menez-Hom: the first summit of Montagnes Noires (330 m), panoramic view on the bay of Douarnenez and the roadstead of Brest.
- Park and Castle of Trévarez at Saint-Goazec, flower and cultural park where a number of celebrations is held all over the year.
- Locronan, classed a “Petite Cité de Caractère” (small town of historical interest) and one of the “Plus Beaux Villages de France” (most beautiful villages of France), seduces its visitors by its preserved traditional architecture and its history.
- Enjoy guided sightseeing tours to discover the wonders of Douarnenez: Tristan Island, ancient precincts, the natural site of Plomarc'h, the coastal path of Tréboul.
- Port-Rhu: harbour & naval museum of Douarnenez, containing a collection of traditional fishing, work and transport boats. It has 5 fleet units which can be visited.
- Pont-Croix, « Petite cité de caractère », awaits you to visit its typical architecture, especially its tide mill.
- Pointe-du-Raz, a mythical site in Pointe Bretagne, is the Westernmost point of Europe. This «Grand Site National» attracts thousands of visitors due to the beauty of its landscapes. Advice of some passionate of the region: visit this wild and wave-torn coast during a storm!
- the Aquarium of Audierne introduces you to the most beautiful species of Brittany. What makes Audierne so original is the spectacle offered by sea birds hang gliding.
- Quimper, the capital city of Cournouaille, is a right place to wander about: historical town centre, many trade centres, and museums deserve to be visited.
- Maison de l'Amiral at Pouldreuzic: a collection of 2,500 seashells, fossiles, minerals and algae from every corner of the world.
- Cournouaille Botanic Park at Combrit, spreading over 4,5 ha, is one of France's most splendorous collections of treasures from China, Japan and Australia.
- La Torche, a site widely known for the Fun-Board, will also seduce you with its fields of tulips. It is better to visit La Torche in April during the flower festival.
- Haliotika at Le Guilvinec: sea fishing centre, possibility to visit the auction.
- And Concarneau, Pont-Aven, Nevez etc... Access :
Airport of Quimper at 25 km (shuttle up to Douarnenez)