The place :
Situated amidst two truly exceptionnal settings, the Evian thermal resort comfortably sits between the shores of the Lac Leman and the Alps’ imposing peaks. The region’s preserved and rich nature will give you all it has to offer, including exceptionnaly pure and fresh air, famous worldwide for its beneficial effects.
Evian is also a very active city, which hosts international events of the likes of the Evian Golf Cup, and the Escales Musicales music festival... Hotels and residences :
Come and enjoy friendly evenings at the hotel Ermitage, in the warmth of the imposing chimney, sitting comfortably in cosy armchairs. Breathe the 91 rooms and suites’ gentle and tender atmosphere.
Luxury is made discrete and humble at the Evian Ermitage hotel, blended as it is in the intimate, welcoming and relaxed feel there is about the hotel. The Alps’ charms and Savoy’s warmth and generosity set the scene of this unique setting, as the chalet succesfully combines cosiness, luxury and authenticity.
- 24 h room service (light meals), laundry and dry cleaning (24 h are required)
- Gift shop, located inside the Forme et Détente area
- 1 200 m2 conference centre on two levels, connected to the hotel by a glass gallery, big rooms for receptions, conferences, incentives, banquets, sound-proof salons with natural light, audio video equipment, photocopying machine.
- Private carpark.
- All domestic animals are welcome: 25 € a day, food not included. Animals are not welcome in restaurants, near the swimming pools, the Forme and Détente area and on the golf course.
- Regular shuttles connect the Royal and Ermitage hotels to the Evian Masters Golf Club, in order to cater for your transport during your stay. Timetables available upon request.
- Lift gives access to the Forme et Détente area, which boasts indoor and outdoor swimming pools, sauna, steam bath, jacuzzi and fitness centre.
- The Royal Country Club organises excursions, as well as cultural and sport activities.
"Cottage" with a view on the park: small room
"Cottage" with a view on the lake: small room on the 4th floor
"Manoir" with a view on the park: standard room with balcony or loggia
"Manoir" with a view on the lake: standard room with balcony or loggia
"Manoir Résidentiel" with a view on the lake: superiour room with loggia, situated on the 2nd or 3rd floor
"Castel" with a view on the park: spacious room with a large balcony and a big bathroom.
"Castel" with a view on the lake: spacious room with a large balcony and a big bathroom.
"Castel Résidentiel" with a view on the lake: luxury room, spacious, dressing,balcony and loggia.
"Suite" with a view on the park: luxury room, spacious, private living room, balcony.
"Suite" with a view on the lake: luxury room, spacious, private living-room, balcony.
Interconnecting rooms and family rooms available upon request.
Room amenities: rooms are fitted with a minibar, television (satellite TV and Canal+), pay TV, inroom safe, telephone (with direct dial upon request), bathroom equipped with scales, magnifying mirror, hairdryer, alarm, bathrobe and slippers, Internet connection, animal accessories (upon request).
Complementary equipment (upon request with additional charge): VHS, playstation.
Complementary services (upon request with additional charge): baby-sitting services
Please notice the hotel will be closed between November 1st and November 28th 2004. It will remain continuously open from November 29th 2004 to November 12th 2005 included. Restaurants :
Restaurant "Le Gourmandin"
Le Gourmandin, part of the Hotel Ermitage, is one of the 8 restaurants of the Royal Parc Evian complex. It serves quality, traditional and regional dishes in a warm-hearted and authentic atmosphere.
An example of the restaurant’s menu :
Lake crayfish and clergeon shoots, with vinaigrette of natural herbs
Salmon sashimi and perfumed rice with sushi.
Calf’s sweetbread and morels deglazed with white Vermouth
Creamy Breton cauliflower with slightly salted butter croutons
Thick bass fish filet, with a dash of olive oil and best quality unrefined
Roasted and glazed loin of lamb with fresh rosemary
Maître Boujon’s refinements
Crème brûlée with a sweet violet infusion, coated with caramel and brown sugar
Martinique rum baba with pineapple
Menus include a starter, a fish or meat course, cheese and desert. Sports and Activities :
Sports offered to adults for an additional charge :
- Adventure trail, guided walks, summer sleigh-rides, via Ferrata, mountain climbing, tennis, mountain biking, speleology, horse riding, glacier exploration, quad-trial, introduction to trial moto, golf.
- Extreme watersports: rafting, river fishing, hydrospeed, airboat, and canyoning.
- Lake watersports: boat rentals, water-skiing, guided tours, sailing, catamaran, storm sailing, lake fishing
- Air sports: double mountain gliding with an instructor, free-falling with an instructor, microlighting with an instructor, tour of the Dent d’Oche
- Winter sports: sleigh-rides, cross-country skiing, raquettes, downhill skiing in the Porte du Soleil resorts
Excursions : cruise on the Lac Leman onboard a sailing ship, rafting on the Dora Balte in Italy, heliski on the Trient glacier, glacier skiing in Vervier or the Diablerets, downhill skiing from the Aiguille du Midi to the Vallée Blanche, helicopter flight over the Mont-Blanc with lunch at the famous Tornieux refuge, balloon flights from the hotel are also on offer.
Half-day trips : The Pré-Curieux water-gardens, Yvoire, medieval villag, Le Chillon castle, The Bex saltmines, the Abondance abbey, the Saint Maurice abbey, the Ripaille castle.
Day trips : Annecy, the Venice of the Alps, Geneva, Gruyère, Lausanne, Capital of the Olympic movement, Chillon castle, Samoëns alpine gardens and the Cheval iron circus, Chamonix and the Mer de Glace, the Naye rocks.
Other Activities : Open every day of the year, the casino is the only place offering table games, slot machines, bars and restaurants, as well as a theatre.
Free children’s activities : Make-up workshop, Pastry workshop, Treasure trail, Costume design, Electronic games’ workshop, Internet Fun Club, Puppet and wooden toys workshop, Pearl workshop, poker-work, fairs, clown hunt, 5 senses, mini-olympiads, earth modelling, modelling dough used in arts and crats made from a mixture of flour, water and salt, painting, puppet show, circus show, polystyrene sculptures,glass work, music workshops, water games.
Free sports and excursions for children
Table tennis, swimming, archery, volley ball, modern dancing, football, tennis, grass hockey, introduction to rescuing, climbing, rollerblading.
The children’s club also provides with excursions, during French holidays, such as: tours of flora and fauna, animal footprint trails, mountain and luge activities, Aquaparc, labyrinth… Much is therefore done to entertain and distract kids, as well as helping them encounter new activities (prices vary between 30 and 70€)
Neige Etoilée Programme
5 ski half-days departing from the Children’s club with lunch in the Alpine resorts. Kids are left in the care of BAFA ski instructors (300 € free). Access :
Paris - Evian, several TGV connexions every dayBy plane
The nearest airport is the Genève Cointrin (45km)By boat
Lausanne - Evian lasts 35mn, several times a dayBy helicopter
A private heliport allows helicopters to land just outside the hotel